Cydney Henderson   | USA TODAY play { // query dom only after user click if (!vdContainer) { vdContainer = document.getElementById(‘videoDetailsContainer’); vdShow = document.getElementById(‘vdt_show’), vdHide = document.getElementById(‘vdt_hide’); } vdContainer.hidden = !(vdContainer.hidden); // show/hide elements if (vdContainer.hidden) { vdShow.hidden = false; vdHide.hidden = true; } else { if (!flagCaption) { flagCaption = true; fireCaptionAnalytics() } vdShow.hidden = true; vdHide.hidden = false; } }); function fireCaptionAnalytics () { let analytics = document.getElementById(“pageAnalytics”); try { if (analytics) { analytics.fireEvent(`${ga_data.route.basePageType}|${section}|${subsection}|streamline|expandCaption`); } else { if (window.newrelic) window.newrelic.noticeError(‘page analytics tag not found’); } } catch (e) { if (window.newrelic) window.newrelic.noticeError(e); } } }()); ]]>

‘COVID-19 passport’: Travelers may face new vaccination requirement

The boss of Australia’s largest airline says that once a coronavirus vaccine becomes widely available, it may require it for passengers to travel abroad.

A Hawaiian couple that boarded a flight from San Francisco to Lihue, Hawaii after knowingly testing positive for COVID-19 has been arrested.

The Kaua‘i Police Department confirmed to USA TODAY that Wailua residents Wesley Moribe and Courtney Peterson were taken into custody Sunday for “placing the passengers of the flight in danger of death.”

According to a police report, Moribe, 41, and Peterson, 46, were ordered by the Quarantine Station at the San Francisco International Airport to isolate after testing positive for the highly contagious virus.

The couple, however, defied airport orders and boarded a United Airlines flight from San Francisco to the islands. Moribe and Peterson were accompanied by a 4-year-old child.

Hawaii tightens its travel rules, requires negative COVID-19 tests prior to arrival

Once the couple arrived at the Lihue Airport, they were identified by officers that “escorted them to a designated isolation room for further processing and investigation,” KPD Public Information Officer Coco Zickos said in a statement.

Moribe and Peterson were charged with reckless endangering. They both posted bail at $1,000 each.

In a statement to USA TODAY, United Airlines representatives said they were “investigating this matter further to assess these passengers’ ability to fly on United in the future.” The company statement added that the “health and safety of our employees and customers is our highest priority.”

Todd G. Raybuck, Kauai’s Chief of Police, concurred, saying the police “remain diligent in protecting the health and safety of our island.”

“We continue to request visitors and residents alike to follow the Governor’s Emergency Rules and take all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” Raybuck said in the statement.

Last week, Gov. David Ige approved the island of Kauai’s request for a temporary moratorium from the state’s pre-travel testing program, which means all visitors arriving on the island will have to quarantine for 14 days. The state’s testing program allows travelers who test negative for the novel coronavirus in advance of travel to bypass a 14-day quarantine.

Contributing: The Associated Press

‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’: Hawaii seeks to be seen as a remote workplace with a view

{ link.setAttribute(‘href’, url); }); } })(); function fireNavShareAnalytics (type) { try { let analytics = document.getElementById(“pageAnalytics”), section = ga_data.route.sectionName || ga_data.route.ssts.split(‘/’)[0]; if (analytics) { analytics.fireEvent(`${ga_data.route.basePageType}:${section}:nav-share-buttons:${type}`); } else { if (window.newrelic) window.newrelic.noticeError(‘page analytics tag not found’); } } catch (e) { if (window.newrelic) window.newrelic.noticeError(e); } } ]]>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *